Porthill Bridge, also often referred to as Port Hill Footbridge, is a suspension bridge for pedestrians crossing the River Severn in Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England.
It connects Porthill with the Quarry and the town centre. Next to it on the Porthill side is the Boathouse public house and Becks Field is also. Both that and The Quarry are large areas of greenery. The bridge experiences significant vibration, even when few people are crossing it.
A ferry operated here until the bridge was built in 1922 by David Rowell & Co.. The bridge was opened on 18 January 1923. £2,000 of the bridge’s total £2,600 cost was paid for by the Shropshire Horticultural Society.
From March to July 2012 the bridge was closed for refurbishment, which included repainting the whole bridge and replacing the timber deck, costing £575,000. The bridge was temporarily replaced with a passenger ferry between the Quarry and the Boat House pub with an adult single fare of 50p.